Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert dead at 58.

Video



BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and MSNBC
updated 10 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, NBC News’ Washington bureau chief and the moderator of “Meet the Press,” died Friday after a sudden heart attack at the bureau, NBC News said Friday. He was 58.

Russert was recording voiceovers for Sunday’s “Meet the Press” program when he collapsed, the network said. No details were immediately available.

Russert, the recipient of 48 honorary doctorates, took over the helm of “Meet the Press” in December 1991. Now in its 60th year, “Meet the Press” is the longest-running program in the history of television.

In 2008, Time Magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Those who know me and have talked politics with me know how I prefer NBC/MSNBC to other American media outlets. Tim Russert has been a major part of that. I get the Meet the Press Podcasts for my ipod to catch the shows as chances are I never got up early enough on Sunday to catch the show. He was one of the go to guys for me whenever there was breaking news. CNN/FOX News/ABC have all broken into their regular coverage to carry this. Whoever takes over " Meet the Press" has some big shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...