Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dan Wheldon killed at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway

People who know me know that I am a big fan of open wheel car racing.

I grew up a fan of Formula One but having lived in the US and Canada I have watched IRL/CART/Indy Racing. Earlier today Dan Wheldon died from injuries he suffered at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I will not embed the video out of courtesy for those who don't want to watch but you can find it on ESPN's website.

Huge loss to the sport. Unfortunately things like this happen in the sport. I remember Ayrton Senna being killed in a Formula One Race. I remember Greg Moore being killed on the CART circuit. Sports fans in the US obviously remember Dale Earnhardt's death at NASCAR'S Daytona 500.
As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...