Sunday, February 05, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI Prediction

Four years ago I picked the Giants to pull off the upset against the undefeated New England Patriots.

This time around I don't think it'll take one of the most exciting plays in Super Bowl history to do it but I think the Giants win again. I am almost cringing making this pick because if the Giants win there will be foolish people out there who will want to say that Eli is a better quarterback then Peyton. I just know this will happen. Whether it is callers (or even hosts on WFAN) or football fans in general, you just know there is a segment of the population that will say it. It really is a shame that Peyton Manning never got to play with a defense that was consistently as good as the one Brady (and Roethlisberger) got early in their careers.

Everyone (outside of Las Vegas) seems to be picking the Giants to win this time around and that scares me. It hasn't been said much over the course of Tom Brady's career but Eli Manning is the better quarterback right now. I think the Giants pass rush gets to Tom Brady again and forces a couple of turnovers. I have thought for two weeks that we'll see Chad Ochocinco make an impact in this game. I still think that is the case. It would be typical Bill Belichick.

By the way, what is up with the Patriots releasing Tiquan Underwood on the night before the Super Bowl?

Giants win 24-17. I'll be on twitter during the game. Follow me @sahyder1

As for the commercials, have you seen the Acura one with Jerry Seinfeld?
As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...