Thursday, September 11, 2008

Republican Politics

Eight years ago I was a big fan of the McCain campaign. I have said repeatedly it is a shame what Karl Rove and company did to McCain in 2000. Man those 8 years feel like a long time ago because McCain has become a shell of himself since then. The "maverick" has fallen right in line with the right wing nuts. Take this ad that he just put out.



According to Obama the bill in question stated "the main objective of the legislation, as it pertained to kindergarteners, to be to teach them how to defend themselves against sexual predators." Obama at the time said:
“I have a 6-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old daughter, and one of the things my wife and I talked to our daughter about is the possibility of somebody touching them inappropriately, and what that might mean,” Mr. Obama said in 2004. “And that was included specifically in the law, so that kindergarteners are able to exercise some possible protection against abuse, because I have family members as well as friends who suffered abuse at that age.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...