Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Christian right makes me laugh

Growing up in Toronto and then in Edison I've been lucky enough to grow up around a diverse group of people. I've never been shy about political discussion but the Christian right is nuts. A message just popped up on my facebook newsfeed that a student from a "Christian" school had left for someone on my friends list. I'm fairly certain this friend is voting Republican(which is not the source of the trouble here). This person mention the need for prayer tonight because President Osama(and yes that is how the name was spelled) policies on abortion would kill babies.

Why isn't this same sanctity of life argument going the other way? Why aren't these "religous" people voting against McCain because tens of thousands of people who's only fault was being born in a country with oil have died as a result of an illegal war that he supports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...