Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Stephen Strasburg makes MLB debut

The Stephen Strasburg era has begun.

The kid lived up to the hype. He was flat out dominant despite giving up a 2 run homerun in the 4th he still managed to strike out 14 in 7 innings. He threw only 94 pitches for the night. Yes, I know this was against one of the worst teams in the National League but this was a kid making a debut with the eyes of the entire country on him. The atmosphere was electric all night. His stuff was just electric. Whether it was his fastball which reached triple digits on the gun or his filthy breaking ball he kept the Pittsburgh Pirates and homeplate umpire Tom Hallion on their toes the entire night.

This kid really does have a chance to be something special. It's a shame that Mark Prior got hurt at a very young age because he had all the potential for a great career. Hopefully Strasburg can stay healthy and fulfill the hype. I can't remember the last time I was this fired up for the debut of someoen who didn't play for my one my teams. I'm going to have to time my July D.C trip with one of his starts. He's going to sell tickets everywhere. Hey Cleveland, buy tickets NOW for Sunday.

As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.

Stephen Strasburg Majestic Name and Number Navy Washington Nationals T-ShirtMajestic Stephen Strasburg Washington Nationals Replica Jersey-#37 White

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...