Friday, November 05, 2010

Keith Olbermann Suspension

Earlier today word came down that MSNBC has suspended Keith Olbermann indefinitely. This comes in the aftermath of him making 3 donations to Democratic candidates in the midterm elections.

While I don't have a problem with this policy, I do have a problem with enforcing it arbitrarily. If you are going to have a policy like this, you better enforce it 100% the time. In this era of corporate ownership of media, how do they enforce this? GE gives money to candidates. I'm sure other companies under the GE umbrella give money. Why single out one person?

 I don't have an issue with him (or anyone else for that matter) making these donations but I think it is a problem when they have these same people on as guests and don't mention the donation as a disclaimer. Now to be fair, I did not watch the nights he had these candidates on so I don't know if he did acknowledge the donations (I doubt he did).

Greg Sargent of The Washington Post brings up an interesting point, did Keith Olbermann even violate the MSNBC policy?

**UPDATE** 10:32 PM: Rachel Maddow addressed the issue on her show and on her blog.


As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.

Pitchforks and Torches: The Worst of the Worst, from Beck, Bill, and Bush to Palin and Other Posturing RepublicansThe Worst Person In the World: And 202 Strong ContendersRachel Maddow Mind Over Chatter T-Shirt, Large

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...