Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Foursquare Lists

Now that Foursquare has added lists I am really going to make more of an effort to review places I dine at. I already did one such review earlier.

What is Foursquare?
Foursquare is a location-based mobile platform that makes cities easier to use and more interesting to explore. By “checking in” via a smartphone app or SMS, users share their location with friends while collecting points and virtual badges. Foursquare guides real-world experiences by allowing users to bookmark information about venues that they want to visit and surfacing relevant suggestions about nearby venues. Merchants and brands leverage the foursquare platform by utilizing a wide set of tools to obtain, engage, and retain customers and audiences.
At first I wasn't sure how much I would use Foursquare but over the course of the year I have been using it more and more not only to get reviews for places but to leave them myself as well. It is a neat little tool that can be very helpful not only when you're visiting a new city but also roaming around your own.

Do you use Foursquare? Why or why not?
As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...