Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer Olympics: Week 1

I haven't had a chance to post at all this weeks but I've been tuning in to these Olympics a lot. They may not be as big as they were in the past but in my family it is still a big thing. I just love the Olympics....the summer ones even more then the Winter ones.

What a week for Phelps. His 8 gold medals were amazing. It is going to be a long time before someone else matches that. Granted it pretty much has to be in swimming. What a great story this has been. I love Olympics swimming. They should spread these events out more over the course of two weeks.

Congratulations to Usain Bolt. The World's fastest man shattered his own world record running the 100 meter Final in a time of 9.69 seconds. The craziest thing is he could have ve ran it even quicker. He wasn't even trying at the end. I was disappointed because I caught the result of this race earlier in the race so watching it in prime time wasn't as fun as it could have been. This event is usually one of the highlights for me during the Olympics. Correct me if I'm wrong....but isn't this race usually on much later in the Olympics?

The "Redeem Team" continues to do its thing for now. They destroyed Spain yesterday but I truly believe a rematch will provide for a much better game.

NBC's coverage so far has been really good other then the Gymnastics where Bella Caroli ruined the coverage. Can't argue with his resume...but I don't want him anywhere near a mic. Bob Costas continues to do his thing. Doesn't get enough credit for all that he does.

My highlight of the week so far? We have to go back to swimming. The Mens 4x100 Freestyle relay. What an anchor leg by Jason Lezak.



I'm sure I'm going to think of more to add to this but that will come in a separate post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...