Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR fires analyst for Islampohopic statement

" (Insert media outlet here) fires analyst for Islamophobic statement"
Now there is a headline you don't see everyday. I want to commend the people at NPR who made this decision to terminate the contract of Juan Williams. This was bound to happen sooner or later with his track record of appearances on Faux News. Media Matters asked last year about Williams' violation of NPR Code of Ethics. There are far too many "journalists" (if you can call some of these people that) who are trying to make a career from spreading Islamophobia.

While appearing on Bill O'Reilly's show, Williams said,
"Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."
 Does Juan Williams also wonder if any of his fellow Latinos on those airplanes are smuggling drugs or illegal immigrants with false documentation? O'Reilly of course has never been shy about his hatred of Muslims. By now everyone has seen his remarks with Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg on "The View".

Faux News has been rolling out the full court press in O'Reilly's defense.

O'Reilly's own defense of his comments have been quiet stupid. Media Matters has good article pointing the major flaws in his thinking.

Once again I want to thank NPR for making the right call here.
As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.

The Qur'an With Annotated Interpretation in Modern EnglishThe Holy Qur'an in Today's English

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...