Thursday, June 23, 2011

Landon Donovan's World Cup goal

One year ago today Landon Donovan scored arguably the most famous soccer goal in American history.

I don't even know if I should put "arguably" because I really can't think of another goal that had a bigger impact on American soccer fans. I was sitting in the waiting room at St. Peter's Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ and it was cool to see doctors,nurses and other hospital staff filling the waiting room in the final minutes of the game against Algeria. When Donovan scored the place got pretty loud, well louder then it should have gotten in a hospital but it was one of those moments. I wrote about American soccer in detail at the time.





As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or Follow sahyder1 on Twitter.

08-09 USA Home Jersey-MMLS United States National Soccer Team Flag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...