Sunday, January 03, 2010

Cory Booker is awesome

Have I ever mentioned that Mayor Cory Booker of Newark, New Jersey is awesome? Yes, I believe I have.

For those who are not familiar with him, you should read up on the man. He's definitely a rising star in the Democratic Party. He will be either the next Governor from NJ or the next Senator. One way or the other you will be hearing a lot of him if you haven't already. He is without a doubt one of the finest mayors in the country. He turned down a job in the Obama White House. He has been a big part of the major transformation the the "Brick City" has taken over the past few years. He goes out on night patrol in the community with the Newark Police Department and personally sees to it that there is positive change in his Newark.

This New Year's Day he once again proved why he is not like any other politician. He went out and shoveled snow for the elderly. Is it a nice political photo-op? Sure, it could be. But honestly I hadn't seen it in any news up until I saw this CNN article. Once again a job well done Mr. Mayor. If you haven't been following the Mayor on twitter, do so now?

As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or contact me via Twitter.

submit to reddit Digg! Seed on Newsvine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...