Saturday, January 16, 2010

NFL Divisional Round Predictions

The Divisional Round of the playoffs are here. So I went 2-2 overall last week. That is versus the spread and straight up picking winners too. Hopefully a better week is in store. I picked the Ravens and Jets correctly last week while the Eagles and the Packers let me down.

I am going to take the Saints -7 vs Cardinals. I think the Birthday Boy (ok...so what if Brees' Birthday was actually yesterday) will outshine Kurt Warner and send him into retirement. Saints will not only win but cover the spread comfortably taking this one 35-20.

I jumped all over the Colts for their decision to spit on history. I am a big Colts supporter and a big Peyton Manning supporter but that decision will come back to haunt the Colts today. The only way their decision gets justified is with a Super Bowl win and as much as I would like that today will be Ray Rice's day. Sure the Colts shut him down (relatively speaking) the last time they played but this is a man on a mission. This man can very well be the #1 pick overall in a lot of Fantasy Football leagues next year. I am going to take the Ravens (+6.5) outright in this one. 


So the Cowboys finally win a playoff game and the trash talking Cowboys fans have all returned (not that they ever really left). Relax folks. This team has still only won one playoff game since I was in 7th grade! Coming off the high of last week I believe they'll fall flat this week. I expect to see a big game from Adrian Peterson to carry the Viking (-3) over the Cowboys and into the NFC Championship game. 


The Jets/Chargers game is actually quiet interesting to me. Next to the Ravens/Colts this is the game I am most looking forward too. On paper you would think the Chargers should win this one big and the line at 9 points definitely reflects that but I don't think it is that simple. The Jets have a rookie QB and a rookie head coach. There is just no way they can win two playoff games this year....is it? Can they really be in a position to host the AFC Championship Game next Sunday? We have seen this Chargers team lose a lot of big games over the years. Revis got robbed this week, he definitely should have been the "Defensive Player of the Year" and I think he proves it on Sunday. I am expecting big games from Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene. I think the Jets (+9) pull off a huge upset here.


Who are you picking? Post your picks or send them to me.

As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or contact me via Twitter.

Reebok Baltimore Ravens Ray Rice Premier Alternate Jersey Extra LargePeyton Manning 2010 Alternate Reebok NFL Premier Indianapolis Colts Jersey - XX-Large

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...